Skype Click to Call
Stop wasting time retyping numbers from the web into your mobile phone or landline. You can now switch between browsing the internet and making calls with just one click.
Save money too. Our local business partners are picking up the cost of your calls to them, so many numbers are now free for you to call with Skype Click to Call installed. Look for numbers across the web marked ‘free’.
How do I use Skype Click-to-Call?
Skype Click to Call is a really easy way for you to make calls to Skype Names and numbers on websites, with just one click.
Learn how to get Skype Click to Call.
This FAQ will show you how to:
- Start a call
- Send a text message
- Add a Skype Name or number to your contacts
- Change the country code of a Click to Call number
- Remove Skype Click to Call
Skype Click to Call is supported by:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome for Windows desktop
- Safari for Mac
To start a call from your browser, simply click the highlighted number on the website, or selectCall from the country flag drop-down menu.
It’s free to call numbers that are labeled “FREE”. When you hover your mouse over a number, a list of options is displayed.
You must be signed in to Skype to call or instant message a Skype Name from a website.
If you try to call a number from a website after you've signed out, Skype opens automatically. To start the call, simply sign in and confirm that you wish to make a call.
If you don’t want this window to be displayed the next time you call a number from a website, check the Do not ask me again box.
To send a text message to a mobile number, hover roll your mouse over the number and select Send SMS from the drop-down menu.
Skype opens and you can send a text message to the number you've selected. You'll only need a little Skype Credit.
Enter your message into the conversation box and click the Send button.
To add a Skype Name or number to your contact list, hover the mouse over the number or Skype Name and select Add to Skype.
The Skype Name or number is automatically added to your contacts. You can rename the contact if you want and call them straight away.
To change the country code for an individual number:
- On a website, click the highlighted number you want to change.
- In the message box displayed, click the flag menu drop-down list next to Change country code for this call, and choose the correct country code.
- Click OK to dial the number.
To change the default country code for all numbers on any website:
- Click the Skype Click to Call button on your browser’s toolbar. In Microsoft Internet Explorer, you may need to click the arrows to expand the toolbar, or right click on the browser’s toolbar and select the Command bar from the menu.
You can also select the Skype Click to Call from the Tools drop-down list in the menu bar.
- Select the country you require from the Select the default country code for this websitelist and click OK.
To remove Skype Click to Call, click Skype Click to Call icon on your browser’s toolbar and click Uninstall. Restart your browser and Skype Click to Call will be removed.
You can also go to your Control Panel to uninstall Skype Click to Call:
- For Windows XP: Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs. Find Skype Click to Call and click Remove.
- For Windows Vista and 7: Click Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features >Uninstall a Program. Find Skype Click to Call and click Uninstall.