This article is an overview of how to locate your IMAP information and set up your account in Nimble.
IMAP is one of the most prevalent Internet standard protocols for email retrieval. Virtually all modern email clients and mail servers support this protocol as a means of transferring email messages from a server.
Nimble connects to your email over IMAP to bring together all of your conversations from all of your email clients such as your smartphone or your desktop email program and we collect emails in Nimble and relate them to your contacts.
Please note: Nimble does not support email integration for accounts that require a separate password for IMAP and SMTP servers. We also do not support POP3 email for Nimble.
1. Go to Settings >> Networks & Imports and select IMAP.
2. Fill out the form with details specific to your IMAP account.
If you are unsure where to find this information, please follow our instructions below for help locating the proper information.
Locating Information via Desktop Mail Client
1. Go to Tools >> Account Settings.
2. Select your email account from the left-side of the Account Settings dialogue.
3, This will display your server information to translate over to Nimble.
1. Go to Tools >> Accounts.
2. Select your email account and click Properties to display your server information to translate over to Nimble.
1. Go to Preferences >> Accounts.
2. Copy down your email account information and translate it over to Nimble.
Microsoft Outlook 2010
1. Go to File >> Account Settings.
2. Select your email account for details.
3. Translate your email account information to Nimble.
IMAP Settings via Email Service Providers
MobileMe and iCloud
SMTP Port: 587
IMAP Port: 993
SMTP Port: 587
To set up with Microsoft Exchange, please contact your company's MS Exchange administrator to share the IMAP account details with you, as it differs for every account.
SMTP Port: 587
Username: Your full email address
Password: Your email account password
Rackspace Hosted Exchange Server
SMTP Port: 465
Error Messages and Solutions
"The specified SMTP host doesn't respond. Make sure the host name you entered is correct."
This error message could be caused by any of the following :
Incorrect SMTP host name.
Your email server may need to whitelist Nimble's server IP ranges (Please email us for more information).
Need to verify that account is set up for IMAP and not POP3.
If none of these solutions work, please test out your account by using the same IMAP/SMTP credentials on another email program to see if you can connect. Some example programs are Apple Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, and Microsoft Outlook.
If you continue to have issues with IMAP setup, please create a dummy account with your IMAP service and email us the following information at firstname.lastname@example.org:
IMAP Host and Port information
SMTP Host and Port information