This is an overview of the Nimble Smart Contacts App for Chrome:
The Nimble Smart Contacts App allows you to see insights on all of your contacts instantly, anywhere you work. It’s available to use Nimble on top of any existing website or web application you use at your company. And you can even use the app within your Gmail inbox.
With this app, you can:
View a Nimble Contact Record from any website to create tasks, view correspondences, or do anything that you might want to do, all without having to open Nimble in a separate tab.
Add a record to Nimble directly from a website
Pull a contact profile from a social site (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) directly to Nimble
Match social profiles to build more robust contact records
Watch the overview video below:
Before getting started, make sure that you have Cookies enabled for Nimble in Chrome's settings.
Click here for a Google Support article on the steps to update your cookie exceptions.
How do I get started with the app?
For new Users:
1. Download it on the Google Chrome Store
2. After you install the widget, please restart Chrome to finish the installation process.
3. Click on the "Nimble" logo on the top-right menu of Chrome and sign into your account.
4. Once signed in, you'll be good to go to look up your profiles, and add more contacts to your Nimble account!
Current App Users: This widget has different permissions than previous release, and you will need to uncheck and check the "Enabled" box for the extension in chrome://extensions and select "Update Extensions Now" on the top-right, as shown below.
How do I add a contact profile from anywhere I work?
The Nimble Smart Contacts App is enhanced to work on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, AngelList, CrunchBase, Google+, Hootsuite, Salesforce, Foursquare, Intercom.io.
You can also highlight text on any website and Nimble will do a text look up for that contact or company.
For this example, we are going to use LinkedIn to add a profile.
1. Go to a profile page.
2. Click on the Nimble button on the browser toolbar, and we will automatically show that contact's "Live Profile" or bring up their existing Nimble profile.
Update Existing Data Fields with the Widget
1. Go to a profile on LinkedIn, and open the widget. If a contact exists in Nimble, we will show you the data fields that differ.
2. If Nimble detects different job titles, location, or companies, you will see an option to "update data fields" with the simple click of a button.
Not on a profile page? You can add any contact by highlighting text with the widget open in "Magnifier" mode.
Open the app and hover over a contact's email (in Gmail), their Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook profile, or highlight their name to look up their record.
After a moment, the widget overlay will appear, and we will display their "Live Profile" or their existing contact record.
Multiple look-ups with the "Nimble Magnifier" feature
1. Hover over a contact name link (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn profile hyperlinks) or select (highlight) contact information to find matches in Nimble or import contacts to your account.
If you have any questions, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help!