In addition to setting up your support email, you are sometimes required to create a SPF record with your domain name registrar to ensure that all the emails get delivered properly. A Sender Policy Framework record (commonly known as SPF) will ensure that emails sent from the specified domain is not marked as spam by any email clients. It can be done quickly in a matter of minutes by modifying your DNS.
Here are instructions to do it correctly:
- Go to your domain registrar's website
- Login to the domain control panel
- Open your DNS configuration settings.
- Edit your ZONE File and look for TXT or SPF record
- Specify the following value:
v=spf1 include:email.freshdesk.com ~all
- Save changes to the settings.