In order to give your customers the best support experience possible, you need to be able to get working on their tickets right away, with all the facts in hand. Perhaps you need the customer’s order ID to speed things up a bit, or need special fields to better categorize the ticket. You can customize your Ticket Form to include the right ticket fields for your business, and let your customers and agents fill in the information you need in the format you want.
Quick guide to Customizing the New Ticket Form:
- Click on Admin-->Ticket Fields
- Click on any field to open the field editor
- Customize the name of the field for both agents and customers
- You can choose to make the field compulsory when agents create or resolve a ticket
- You can choose whether the field is visible to customers when they log a new ticket from your portal, whether they can edit it, and if it is a required field when the submit the ticket
- You can also add your own custom fields by Dragging a field type and dropping them on the ticket form
- Drag and move fields within the form to organize them in the New Ticket form
- Click Save to save this new form
When you are done, try clicking on the New Ticket button to check how your ticket form has come up. Remember that customers will be seeing your ticket form when they submit a ticket through the portal as well as from the feedback widget on your website.